Dear Guests! We want you to feel safe in the Premium Hostel, therefore we have taken a number of actions to minimize the risk of being infected with SARS COVID-19 coronavirus on our premises. Check what procedures we have introduced for the health and safety of our guests and employees.
1. Before coming to work every employee of the facility is obliged to self-assess his health in accordance with the guidelines prepared by the Ministry of Health.
2. The management is also obliged to constant verification and assessment of the health of subordinate employees, to provide them with appropriate assistance in the event of their well-being deterioration, and to releasing them from the workplace in such a situation.
3. Employees of our hostel have been equipped with protective equipment: masks and disposable gloves, which they wear during work when contacting guests.
4. The reception was additionally separated from guests by a plexiglass plate, and on the floor there is a separator designating a safe distance between the receptionist and the served person.
5. The desk top is disinfected each time a guest or contractor arrives at the reception.
6. All equipment issued (rented) from the reception (e.g. iron) is disinfected both before giving it to guests and after returning it.
7. Dispensers with liquid hand sanitizer were installed on each floor at the entrance to the reception, at the reception, in the kitchen and in front of the elevator.
8. The maximum number of guests at the reception desk is 2.
9. We have limited the number of guests who can be checked in at the Premium Hostel at the same time.
10. We make sure that we always maintain a safe distance of 2 meters between employees, as well as between staff and our guests.
11. During the day, the reception room is disinfected on a regular basis by receptionists using specialized surface disinfection agents that have the appropriate approvals. In addition, the reception is ventilated at least once every hour.
12. Each room is cleaned in accordance with the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene after checking out guests. In addition, the rooms are ventilated for at least 2 hours each time, and all surfaces - including light switches, desks, door handles - are thoroughly disinfected.
13. In generally accessible parts of the facility, e.g. at the reception desk or corridors, there is an obligation to cover the mouth and nose with masks or visors. This regulation applies to both employees and guests of the Premium Hostel.
14. Only registered guests can stay in the hostel.
15. Regular disinfection also includes an elevator. In the interests of the safety of our guests, we have also introduced a limit on the number of people who can be in it at the same time to one person (this rule does not apply to guests who are within the meaning of the law "shared household").
16. Protective face masks for guests are available for purchase at the reception.
17. Our booking system allows you to significantly reduce the check-in time at the reception counter, and because we try to reduce this time to a minimum - we encourage you to use the online check-in option, and direct any questions before arrival and during your stay by phone and email.
18. Telephone numbers for various departments of the State Sanitary Inspection (Sanepid) as well as addresses of the nearest pharmacies and hospitals are available at the reception.
19. We work with a certified laundry. The entire washing process takes place at a temperature equal to 60 degrees Celsius or higher.
20. Our staff, both reception and cleaning, have been properly trained and prepared to work in new conditions in accordance with the requirements of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
21. Rugs and bedspreads have been removed from the rooms.